Thursday 4 August 2011

August 2011

August is here at last and we are over half way through the year. So what has happened over the last month, for those that have followed the Harry Potter saga the last film has at last been and gone, and the Dark Lord has failed to take over the world. However as it is the last day of the month, I, myself have to sit down and write a piece, I always find this the hardest thing I ever do, I know everyone in the family thinks this is a laugh, I am the last person to ever pick up a pen to write something I would rather do is 10 k run over a mine field. Every word or letter seems to have the same effect on the page, but this is not getting us started ! The summer holidays are at last in full swing, I have seen this for myself as I walk to the club for lunch most days young ladies seem to have taken too walking around town with tops a little to tight for the body and jeans at the hips with a large amount of flesh being squeezed between the said two items and then we have the young gentlemen of the town, these fine lads sporting the latest hair do’s, which I must add they seem to spend more time on than the young ladies but as they will only have hair for a short period of their life's we can forgive them, but I digress gentlemen move around town with one hand upon the jeans waist band so trying to keep them up in vain with the jeans dropping down to the knees giving us the impression off a penguin and a nice view of their underpants!. This of course is the rantings of an old man who has lost both body and hair some years ago alas.

Studio News
Not much this month with a lot of you going out and about on your holidays Sue and Toby have been to see their daughter to make sure she has not been forced into a marriage with a local bandit as she has take a year out in some foreign outpost. John has been taking his summer holidays in his usual foreign out post in Southwold but he is back now and no worse for wear had he also managed to bring the girls back without a local bandit wanting to marry them, such a relief ! Trudi should be back in the studio soon after a short break now that she has moved into her house, the Ipswich Town Football club is now gearing itself up for what I might say could be a great season, Liz is considering joining Chris on her bike ride around Scotland and the ladies from Waldringfield have asked if I could run some class in the Village Hall, I am still looking to see if this is possible and I am hoping that June will soon return with Alison after a bit of a break.

Ipswich and Suffolk Club
The summer is going to carry on as normal once I have got the last two weeks sort out but all has been fun. Jackie has returned from her holidays at last, we did all miss her Eileen in her Irish lilt has had us in stitches with phrases, o thats very nice Michael, and I think we have done enough for today Michael; And we managed to get a Pilates table for the Champagne and Strawberry evening with Shirley and Trudi as well as Steve and Linda also back from sunning themselves on a beach, the evening was great fun.


Woodbridge School
Has closed for the summer holidays but I can promise you that none of them can be seen around the town sport the same attractive attire.

Dance East
Is quietly calming down for the summer with a few shows and the classes are now only on Tuesday at afternoon and evening
530 and 645 both need to be pre booked but it might be possible to get a space at the last minute.

Council offices
Well, I think I will have to break these into two group's Tuesday and Fridays, Tuesday seems to be building with Kirk getting more men into the session, Sandra managing to get into most classes when she not running around the road with her orange spray can Sue is still lifting an eyebrow whenever I manage to say something out of turn which by the way is quite often I think, Pat and Barbra are perfectly well behaved during the class.
Fridays class has had a few stops due to one thing or another which is a shame, Penny is getting close to having her baby and I have the feeling that I might start to bring in the rubber gloves just in case. Kim has changed her hair colour which has quite thrown me I always start from the top and work my way down with all my clients but I seem to have a new person in another body or do I mean a new body in another person.

Ipswich Cardinals
So far I have not mentioned the Cardinals before I spend my time trying to put them back together during and after a game, for the records this an American football team that play during the summer at Northgate I have so enjoy this as it give me a chance to practice some of the other things I trained in. I have also been given a new nickname the master of pain, I have noticed the bigger the player the lower the pain thresh hold but I so enjoy it.

Olympics 2012
This year I put my name down to be a First Aider at the Olympics and I had my first training day. I think I am going to have to put it down as a CPD day as I felt I came away with so much information and had a great deal of fun. So far I am unable to tell you what I have done or where but the things I have been doing took me straight back to my Air Force days, it was great.


Gilmour Pipers
Mark arranged a team to run the Ekiden at St Joseph college with Anna, James Z , James Potter and Luke as well as myself and Mark N. It was a bit of a wet session but we all did a good job James and Luke did a brill job in keeping us in the running, as for myself I was not up to form which has been my problem for the month. This month I am taking some time off to catch up on some paper work and to run some First Aid courses for companies in the area.
Studio is closed
Thursday 4th August, Friday 5th August,Saturday 6th August
Monday 15th August, Tuesday 16th August, Wednesday 17th August
Thursday 25th August, Friday 26th August, Saturday 27th August and Monday 29th August


Competitive pupils
David and Sandra came back on top form after a short break after getting through to the semifinals in a major Competition.
Kyle and Jade also did well in the Professionals coming third in the rankings and a 6th and 5th place in the ballroom.
Aaron is competing this week in Sheffield in the National Junior championship.
Colin had a good game in the reserve team for Ipswich FC last week.
Joe, I have had nothing from this month I think he might be resting for the summer, he will be back for the winter session and in good form I think.
Troy is also resting for the summer but I am also sure he will back to working hard later in the year.
Matt has had a few issues but I have not seen him for a while but I will also keep a look out for him in news letters.


This month I thought I might write about the common cold and the effects on your training and why. During the July we had a little rain if you had not noticed, and I picked up a cold as well as a few other. So I thought I might give you some reason on why you should not train or compete during this time.

Well lets start with symptoms

A viruses that cause the common cold or flu can effect us in both summer and the winter months .
Most of us will get on average 2 to 3 infections a year and some times avoiding these infections seems an impossible task especially when all around you are coughing and sneezing. The symptoms are coughs, sore, throats runny and congestion of the nose. And if that is not bad enough muscle aches, fatigue, headaches shivering and loss of appetite, Fever is often present giving us influenza which is much more severe.

Progression
The virus will start to replicate within the 2nd and 6th hour of contact symptoms will then occurs 2 to 5 days after the initial infection. The symptoms peak between 2 to 3 days after the onset and the symptoms will resolve in 7 to 10 days but some can last for three weeks.
The common cold is at it most infectious during the first 2 to 3 days but it can also be Infectious 2 days before the onset of the symptoms. Manage the cold by take medication to meet the symptoms that manifest themselves in the body.

For your interest the common cold was coined in the 16th century and Norman Moore relates that James 1 continually suffered from nasal colds.

Exercise is a good way of keeping cold at bay, but over exercising can impair the bodies immune system and so leave you susceptible to infections.

When taking medication exercise is not advisable due to the increase in the heart rate and the possible increased body temperature which will then lead to possible problems with the heart. Due to a raised heart rate then adding exercise, decongestants can cause the heart to work hard and so you can become short of breath and have difficulty breathing. If at the same you have asthma the breathing will be compromised even further.
The best plan is to rest, sleep and recover from the infection Complete light exercises to maintain fitness but your aim should be to increase the numbers of hour you sleep and rest Push yourself and you will lose out in the end.

The cost to subscribe to this site is £10 a month for individuals and groups is £40 , with 3 new routine available each month. To subscribe, please see the subscribe section at www.pilatesmann.com

I have been ask if you can pay by cheque, yes send the cheque to me and make it payable to Michael Mann at

10 Fonnereau Road,
Ipswich,
Suffolk,
IP1 3JP

No comments:

Post a Comment